Slant Fin – Q3 Oil Boilers – WATER
System: Hot Water
Capacity: 4 standard sizes, .75 to 1.65 GPH
3 direct vent sizes, .75 to 1.30 GPH
Efficiency: AFUE 87%
The Q3 boiler is a high-efficiency hot water oil-fired cast iron boiler. Its cast-iron design is recognized by heating professionals everywhere as the longest-lasting, most durable heat exchanger material. It’s an ideal choice for new construction.
The Q3 is DOE 2021 compliant.
The Q3 Series efficiency is a result of the boiler’s unique three-pass design heat exchanger with specially designed baffles for maximum heat exchanger contact, flue circulation, and heat transfer. AFUE is 87%.
The three pass design of the Q3 makes it very quiet too. There is plenty of room for thermal expansion of the flue gasses to keep burner and flame noise to a minimum. It is easy to clean, the door is reversible, the baffles are removable and brushing the flue ways is a snap.
The Q3 boiler, like other Slant/Fin oil boilers, will operate cleanly under all different operating conditions. We’ve done the testing and have matched burners and components to this boiler to make sure the boiler will stay running clean after you leave the job.
- 87% Efficiency
- Three pass heat exchanger maximizes heat transfer
- Easy to clean, operates cleanly
- Resilient, durable cast iron
- Resistant to thermal shock and corrosion
- Outdoor reset compatible with low water temps
- Hinged, reversible swing out door for fast, easy cleaning
- Riello burners
- Quiet. Energy Star Certified Oil Boiler
- High limit control with:
- Easy-to-program dial settings
- Boiler water temperature reset
- Low water cut off functionality
- Compact footprint
- Direct vent available (for 3 sizes)
- Metal push nipples
- Multiple venting options
- Easy to service
- Flexible oil line combined with easy access heat exchanger with dual hinge swing door (right or left mount option)
- Wide flue-ways for easy cleaning
- Sight glass for flame observation
- Removable ¼″ test port for draft overfire reading